Watchman's Note

This is a journey to the best designs in the world of Zazzle.com. Handpicked and presented (along with my own artwork) by yours truly, the driving force behind Surreality designs. We'll discover great artists and special products -mostly with a taste for the eccentric. But let us not confine ourselves in specific genres: the possibilities are endless and so is the great art one can find at Zazzle.

11/20/2009

Ogling beverage


Shoggoth-time, here in Surreality Watch and I challenge you: look at this coffee mug -or, I should say, let it look at you- and try to resist! My horror fiction appetite has gotten the best of me lately and I can't seem to get enough of uncanny designs.
Shoggoths, being protean and amorphous monsters of the Chtulhu Mythos, seemed to evade portrayal. Not any more! Richard Strohmayer, the artist behind The Sketch Aesthetic store decided to give it a try and came up with this great, wacky illustration. It's really abstract, as it was to be expected from such shifty creatures -and I do mean shoggoths, not artists! I'm sure sipping coffee and staring back at this eldritch deviation, will be a pleasure.
Richard's gallery likes horryfying themes, mostly humorous, including crazy curiosities such as Zombie Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...