Watchman's Note

This is a journey to the best designs in the world of Zazzle.com. Handpicked and presented (along with my own artwork) by yours truly, the driving force behind Surreality designs. We'll discover great artists and special products -mostly with a taste for the eccentric. But let us not confine ourselves in specific genres: the possibilities are endless and so is the great art one can find at Zazzle.

11/06/2009

Pretty bubbles



I didn't know what to expect when I started watching this video. Nothing much, really. But as I kept watching this man (he's all smiles, btw, and he looks happy indeed!) and listening to him unfold his area of expertise, I got enchanted.
Not because I love soda pops -I'm not a big fan- but because I saw a man that loves his job and takes pride in doing it right and learning firsthand all the details and information that make him an expert in his niche.
Someone who decided to take the less-traveled path, to avoid the trends and the big brands, and to give people the best quality products he could find. He doesn't want us to consume more (on the contrary, he advises against it), he wants us to be satisfied. And to have a choice.
By doing so, he opens a world of opportunity to many small businesses that operate outside the realm of mass-produced mediocrity. People whose existence make a difference financially and -yes!- culturally in their neighborhoods, communities or, even, countries.
Most of all, I enjoyed hearing about someone who knows what he's talking about, isn't afraid to speak his mind and has a fine time doing what he loves. I aspire to that.

[What do you mean "what's that have to do with Surreality Watch"? What did you expect, an essay about S.Dali or something? If what we experience everyday is the norm, then this video is certainly surreal -in the best way I can think of.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...